Sunday, May 4, 2008

Adela's baby shower!

*updated with group pic thanks to Evon!*

I was bored and wanted to do something special for Adela so I went out to get some yarn and decided to crochet a blanket for her. It took me a long time to decide what color but with my sis help, we decided on it. Wanted to do a neutral color but could not find one with the right thickness and softness.


So it was pink. Not very original, I know. It took 3 pink and 1 white.




About 3/4 way done.




The final product which took me about 6 days to finish.



I was running late as I had to go over to the mall across my hse to get a paper bag to put my present in. Try as I might, I could not find anything babyish at home to wrap my gift and this time aluminium foil isn't going to work.

There were so many cars on the road and the parking lot was filled! As I was driving around the parking lot, I finally noticed a car coming out and I was thanking my lucky stars. However, it was only AFTER I reversed my car in (I heard a honk but I swear I did not know it was directed to me) that someone signalled to me angrily that she was waiting for that lot.

OMG, I felt so bad and scared. I was prepared to give her back her spot but there was another empty lot that pulled out as I was reversing in so she took that one. I wanted to apologized again but I chickened out and ran b4 she came out of her car.

I think I have driving anxiety ..... It didn't stop there as while I was on route at a traffic light, there was road work on the lane I was in so I had to cut into another. For one thing, drivers here are not exactly friendly (as proven earlier) and also, I am driving my mom's bb. I was going to be stuck in my lane forever if I did not force my way out but at the same time I did not want to be a victim of road rage. Luckily I managed to make my way out without any incident.

Well, I finally got there and most of my friends were already there. Adela has grown quite a but since the last time we saw her and she looks really pretty.



Here she is sleeping.




The group of classmates that made it.



The food was pretty good and it was my first real meal since my parents left. Don't pity me, I have been losing weight even with snacking!

We stayed for quite awhile chit chatting as quite alot of us showed up. We then went over to AMK Hub's New York, New York for round 2. Spend about 2 hrs there b4 Evon had to leave as she is celebrating Mother's Day tonite with her family.

Me? I made my way home with yesterday's newspapers that KL got for me!