Friday, December 5, 2008

Dinner with Lilian.

Met up with Lilian from Coach on Fri. It has been awhile since we met up and the last time we saw each other, she had just resigned from her job at LV and I had started my job not too long ago. It was definitely time too get together and share a pitcher of ice cold beer.

Originally I was supposed to go to BKK from Fri till Tues but after the chaos in BKK, the trip was cancelled and at the moment there is no word if we would still be going or whether there will be a change in destination.

Anyway, we met up at Vivo as it was more convenient for me .. she ends at 6pm and I end at 7pm (that's if I am lucky) so somewhere near me was the best option. I managed to leave the office and reached Vivo with plenty of time to spare. We immediately headed to our hangout, Hog's Breath ... they have pretty good food and most importantly, BEER!!

She updated me about her new job ... this time there was less bitching about RETAIL! :) Dinner and beer was great .. it was just what I needed as I skipped lunch and was grumpy because I had to work instead of enjoying a massage.

After dinner, we decided to go do a little shopping as it was still early and that was when the nite went downhill ..... within 30mins of shopping, my friend got her wallet pickpocketed!! The mall was packed and we should have been more careful. She was carrying a sling bag and had it placed behind her :( The pickpockets were really quick ... I was beside her the whole time and did not notice anything .... I didn't think I was that drunk .... we shared a pitcher of beer! My level of tolerance is must better than that!

Well, the moment she realized that her wallet was gone, she had to call all her credit card/banks to cancel her cards. She didn't seemed too upset about it .. if it had been me, I would have been super pissed! She lost about $80, a beat up wallet, her identity card and miscellaneous cards.

After reporting her cards stolen, the nite ended ... kinda hard to shop when one of u has no cash. I lent her some cash to get her thru until she could get replacements for her atm cards. Luckily her easylink card was not in her wallet, so she could still take the mrt home. I had an extra card if she didn't have one :)

Looks like we are going to have a meet up again!! Hopefully nothing goes wrong then.