Sunday, March 22, 2009

2nd Day in Paris

Shops are closed on Sun, that is why I had planned Sun to be a full sight seeing day. My first stop was the Louvre. I reached there about about 10+am .. it was a short train ride from my motel. By now, I have grown a little more confident with navigating the subway system :D










The famous pyramid of Paris ;)




The museum is really huge.




Taken from inside.




Entry to just the Louvre is €9 but I got it with the separate exhibition so it was €14.






Michelangelo's Venus de Milo.






And who doesn't know Leonardo da Vinci's Mona Lisa?







There was seriously too many things to see. Unfortunately all the signs in the Louvre were in French. They do rent out a digital recording pack that u can carry around and select according to the numbers of the exhibit but I chose not to get it.

I just walked around and tried to catch a glimpse of as much as I could. I think I was there for more than 3 hrs and I know I have not seen everything.

I left the museum and decided to walk to Hard Rock Cafe to help Ben get his stuff.








It was almost 30 mins b4 I reached the place.



I went in, got the stuff and then decided to head back to my room (it was kinda near) as I did not want to be carrying the shot glasses around when I headed to the Eiffel Tower later.

On the way back, I grabbed yet another sandwich then went back to my room and much on hard french bread and drink plain water ... haha, sounds so sad but I really did not want to spend too much money on food.

After a short rest, I headed out again and made my way to The Sacre-Cceur. It is another church.




The view from the top.





There was a service going on in the church so no pics could be taken. There were surprisingly alot of ppl hanging out at the church as u can see from all the pics.

I left there after about an hr and then headed to the most impt Paris monumnent ....


The Eiffel Tower!






There is some renovation works going on, that is why there is green webbing on parts of the tower.




A dream come true ....




Waiting in line to buy tics. This was a security check.




The yellow things are the lifts.






My ticket. It costs €12 to go all the way to the top.




They tore off one corner at the first entrance.




The tracks of the lift.




Trip to the first landing (57m above ground) ... no one got out :P


It continued to the second landing (115m above ground) Everyone had to get out to take another lift to the top of the tower.














Views from the 2nd landing of the Eiffel.






There goes the other corner as I made my way to the top of the tower.




The final journey .... 276m tall. The Eiffel Tower is 324m tall, including the antenna.



Finally made it to the top!




The sun is setting .... I wanted to enjoy both the day and nite view from the tower.






Still too near Singapore :P




Where I was just last nite.





It was freezing on Sun and so I stayed indoors at the tower until it got dark. There were not many places to sit so I basically went round and round the top a few times b4 finally finding a seat to rest my feet and wait till night falls.


It was finally dark!








The nite view of Paris from the top of the tower.



It really does look different at nite.




Gustave Eiffel .. the guy that built the tower.



It was close to 9pm when I left the tower ... I was dead tired and freezing. I quickly made my way to the nearest metro station and then headed back to my motel to spend my last nite in Paris ....

Tomorrow?

SHOPPING!! :D