Saturday, March 14, 2009

2nd Sat in Monaco

I decided to visit come tourist attractions in Monaco but considering how small it is, there wasn't really much to choose from .. haha.


I visited this exotic gardens that has a wide variety of plants. Entrance was €7 and it included entry to the gardens, a cave and a museum.




There were many many varieties of cactus ... cacti?




The garden had a great view ....




Cute little pond.




More views of Monaco.




The famous rock where the palace is.



I then headed to the museum ...






Lots and lots of bones ...



It was then onto the caves ...


This is the map of the caves.




Its 300 steps down and its the same way back up. Guess they have to warn ppl :P




View from inside the cave. The guide that went down with us only spoke French, so I was lost on whatever is the cave about.





After the gardens, I made my way to the rock to visit the church and aquarium. The church was the same one I visited that day, except then I actually went inside.






This is where Princess Grace of Monaco is buried.




Right beside her is her husband.



It was then a short walk to the aquarium.


I love how the aquarium is right on the edge of the cliff.




The front view ...




My tic cost me €12.50.






I took way too many pics inside ....






There is also a museum within the aquarium. Thats a huge skeleton of a whale.





I actually drained both the batteries of my camera that day. Haha, told u I took way too many pics. And while going thru them to decide what to post ... yes, it was a headache.

After the aquarium, I headed to this mall, thinking that there would be some shopping to do but the "mall" turned out to be this really pathetic place. The most interesting part of it was the ginormous Carrefour.

So after walking awhile, I decided to head back to my hotel. It was a long tiring day but I had lots of fun!