Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Life in Monaco .....

Here's just some random stuff .... one of the first things I notice when I entered the hotel room was these cool plastic ware. Upon closer view, I realized where I have come across the name b4 :D




My friend Elsie has bought these Philip Starck disposal plasticware b4.




Great design so that even if hot water is in the cup, u are still able to hold it. Plus it come with a plate.



Just seems such a waste that is is thrown away :P

Here are some pics that I took secretly in the office.


The view is gorgeous from the 14th floor. I will try to take better pics b4 my last day there :P




The 4 tables are where the traders sit.



Ok ... now something that made me feel really dumb .... I have always thought that there is only ONE keyboard. As in, it is always "QWERTY" ... languages that uses the alphabet would use the same keyboard.

I was so wrong ... here's the French keyboard....


Its not "QWERTY", its "AZERTY"




The "M" is also at the "wrong" place and so are the punctuations. Also, the numbers at the top are secondary and u have to press the shift key to use them. U get all the weird symbols if u were to just press the keys.




Not much difference here other than the words being in french.



I had to get use to typing with the weird keyboard and end up making quite a few mistakes .... I love my "qwerty" keyboard, I am just so used to it that I can type pretty fast on it. Hmm ... does that mean that their Blackberrys are also "azerty"?

Will be losing my internet soon .... only continuous 24hrs for €10. Trying to cut back in case I have to pay for it in the end :P Take care and I will try to post again soon!