Sunday, March 15, 2009

3 countries in 4hrs ....

My boss told me that he would bring me out on Sun but he would only come by to pick me up at 2pm, so I woke up bright and early to explore the east side of Monaco.


This is the famous Hotel De Paris.




And then Cafe De Paris ... it is right across from the hotel.




Check out all the fancy cars I passed by .... wonder if I will ever get a chance to drive or even sit in a Ferrari...




Headed to the Grimaldi Forum.




This is where they hold events/conferences.




This is the Monte Carlo Bay Hotel and Resort.




I love this Monaco sign ...




:) Photo whoring ...




Very pretty mix of green ....




Beautiful architecture all around.








And its me, me and more me :P



I headed back to the hotel after that and waited till Nick came to pick me up. He then brought me to this little village in France where there is a small castle. Small is an understatement :P


View from the top of the little village, Roquebrune.




Spectacular view.




Ever familiar stairs :P




View from the castle.




Inside the castle ... there is a stage that I was told still held concerts/plays during the summer.




Nick and I






This is supposed to be a thousand year old olive tree.



After walking around the little village, Nick asked if I wanted to go to Italy!! What do u think?? Of cos!! And so he made the short drive.




Driving ....




This used to be the immigration check point b4 they had the European Union. We could just drive over the border, no checks.




Here we are in Italy!




Stopped by a cafe (ironically called Cafe Paris) for some Italian Espresso.




The sign above me is supposedly in Italian ... Its a tobacco store.




Nick stopped by a pastry shop to get some stuff for his gf and him. He got me a yummy chocolate pastry. YUM!




It was then back to France and Monaco.




Another god damn Ferrari.




Nick insisted that I take a pic with Francois Grimaldi who dressed as a monk, capturing the fortress and protecting the Rock of Monaco.



It's supposed to teach me to fight for what I want ... if it was only as easy as taking a pic to motivate me.

Anyway, it was another adventurous day but Nick dropped me off at my hotel at around 6pm and I had to fend for dinner on my own :( Oh well ..... I got to step foot in 3 countries in 4 hrs, can't complain!