Thursday, March 19, 2009

Dinner with colleagues.

Nick wanted to take me out for dinner with the rest of the traders before I left Monaco. So we went to this really nice restaurant near the office on Thur nite. Anastasios could not make it as he had taken was leaving to go see his mom? I think Nick's mom, the president of OE, Franca, was supposed to join too but she could not make it either :(

I met Virginie and we were the first ones at the restaurant. I finally dug out my camera during the last meal in Monaco. When I started taking pics of the food, they said I was like the Japanese ... hmmm.


They brought out the menu ... which was the freaking blackboard! According to Virginie, this is quite common in restaurants in Paris. I was quite amused by it.




Taking pics while Nick, Tony and Virginie were talking to the waiter .... its hard to act interested when I did not understand a single word they said.




A little something to start off ... Bruschetta.




Dinner rolls .... they were still yapping in French.




This is my appetizer. Its a lightly spiced mince meat on eggplant and peppers. Very yummy.




My main course was a seafood tempura with veggies. This was equally scrumptious and I practically licked the plate.




Can't do without dessert ;) Chocolate is always a good choice!



After dinner was when the barrage of questions and motivational talk ..... it really took alot of effort to control my emotions at that point.

I was glad when dinner was concluded .... I needed the time to think. I opted to walk back to the hotel ... it was a short walk.


I walk by the train station everyday to work ... its a shortcut with escalators, no stairs! :P



I was dreading my last day in Monaco .... Franca had said she wanted to take me out for lunch. If I thought the confrontation during dinner was bad, I can't imagine what it would be one on one with her.