Wednesday, March 11, 2009

I found a Carrefour!

I was excited when I noticed on the map that there is a Carrefour here in Monaco. It was after work and I wasn't sure what time it will close. Shops close pretty early here .... well, I decided to venture out after 7pm and just take a look.

It was about a 25mins walk to it and I saw that it was going to be open till 9.30pm! I love venturing into grocery stores .... its Carrefouring all the way here in Monaco!


I waited till I found an empty aisle b4 sneaking a photo :P




No bags are provided ... this plastic bag had to be bought at €0.10.




What I bought ... I'm on a budget :P Ignore the Tampons .... I miscalculated and its going to be a close call on the day back to Sgp ... better be safe than sorry.



My bill came up to €8.81. Here's the breakdown:-
Oranges - €1.20
Ham - €1.53
Tampons - €3.49
Wine - €0.99 (Haha, I chose the cheapest one!)
Bread - €1.50 (This is a dense nutty bread)
Plastic Bag - €0.10

I think I might have to make my way back to Carrefour b4 the end of the week. So far I have been brought out for lunch and/or dinner quite often and have not had to pay, so this is not really that bad. Just "roughing" it out and hopefully will not gain too much weight when I get back to Sgp.