Saturday, January 6, 2007

Belated Birthday Cake

My brother brought me to pick up the cake that they wanted to get me for my bday. We went down to Mohamed Sultan Road to a place called The Patissier. The cake that we got is called Double Chocolate Pralines.

---




The light brown specks u see is actually gold dust ... according to the website, it is a rich praline sandwiched between layers of chocolate mousse with crunchy chocolaty crust.

According to me, it is heaven :) It wasn't too sweet, the slight bitterness of the cocoa powder on the top helped even out the sweetness, the mousse was creamy, then there is the crunch when u bite into the crust .....

Death by Chocolate is Yummy!

According to my bro, they have tried a few cakes from there but this is by far the best. However, from the looks of the cakes on the website, there are a few others that I want to try on my own. The downside? Their cakes are pretty expensive ... that little 500g cake is S$42 (inclusive GST)

After we got our cake, we went to Don Pie Club which was nearby. This is also another reccomendation by my bro and Ash. Their pies are pretty good, but I'll take the Double Chocolate Pralines over it anytime :)

---


Don Your Personal Pie Club

---

The oval bumps are half hard boiled eggs.

---

---

We also got this from Don ... Claypot Crab Noodle. The soup (on the top left hand corner) is an herbal soup ... not too bad. However, u don't get much meat out of a crab ... crap :)

There goes my diet for today .....