Thursday, January 11, 2007

It seems like my dad is going to be in Germany for a lot longer than expecting. According to my mom, my dad won't be home until at least Feb 20 ... yup, that is after the Lunar New Year. It's a little sad knowing that my Dad won't be here during the period. Hopefully he will be back within the 2 weeks that we celebrate it.

On the plus side, that means my mom really does not have to cook for more than a mth and that means that I would be able to control what I eat. I tend to hover over my mom when she cooks to make sure that she doesn't add too much salt or use too much oil ... that's why I prefer to eat what I cook, that way I know what is inside. No mom's home cooking ... well, I have survived 6 years without it, it should not be too hard.

Now with the car at my mom's disposal, she is going out almost everyday. She was thinking of joining my dad in Germany but my dad told her to stay put. He said that she should just use what it would cost to fly over there and spend it here. I guess no matter where she goes, my mom will be spending money .... I wonder what my dad's reaction would be when he comes home and sees how much she has been spending on the slot machines.

I, for sure, do not want to be around for that "discussion".