Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Dad's minor surgery.

Umm, I guess I should have a warning - If u are squeamish about blood (there is a pic) and talk about surgery/operation/medical issues then skip this post :P

Well, my dad has been having some problem with his bladder .... something to do with his prostate. He had trouble peeing and sometimes could not control his bladder. He was put on medication for a while and it did help a little but it did not cure it.

Therefore, my dad decided to go ahead with the operation. Now that my Dad is still working, he covered under his company's medical insurance. He actually said that if he wasn't, he would not do it!

Anyway, my dad checked in on Mon and had the surgery on that day itself. Click here if u want to know more about the surgery. We didn't go to visit him until the day after as he was out for the most of the nite after his surgery.

Because of the H1N1 epidemic, the security at the hospital was pretty tight. Only 2 ppl could visit a patient at a time. There was also a queue where u have to register and where they checked to make sure u were not having a fever.

My mom, sis and I went but because only 2 were allowed, I went up first with my mom. However, soon after we got into my dad's room, my mom gave me her sticker (everyone needs a sticker and we had to pass one onto my sis) and I used that to sneak my sis up. Hahaha .. I'm sure we were not the only ones that did that.




My Dad's single room ... very sparse.




He still had a tube inserted and his urine was still bloody the day after the surgery.



Visitation was quite strict and at 8.30pm, we were told to leave.

Because the only wound was internal, my dad was able to be discharged the next day and will be on MC for a week or two. He is recovering well.