Sunday, June 14, 2009

Going Gaga Over Lady Gaga!

I don't really know when I started liking Lady Gaga but her song Poker Face is really catchy. Me and my sis have this thing going that whenever someone hears the song, we would text the other the person "Can't read my, can't read my.." and the other will have to reply "No, u can't read my Poker Face"

Haha, yes, we are lame that way ... bite me :P

Anyway, my sis saw an ad on TV a week ago saying Lady Gaga would be coming to SGP on Jun 14 for a private showcase (no tics sold) but we could not find any info on the web. One of the few times that Google has failed me :(

The following day, I changed my MSN header to read "Lady Gaga coming to SGP?!?! Anyone has lobang?" Lobang means connections.

No one answered my plead for help until later that evening when my bro ask me "What if I told u I rejected tics to Lady Gaga yesterday?"

WTF?!?!? REJECTED?????

His said that his reply to the person was "Who the @#$% is Lady Gaga?"

I begged and pleaded to ask him if he could get them back ..... telling him how BIG fans his two sisters are of her :D

Luckily he was able to get them back BUT the kicker was that in order to get them, he first had to attend a press conference on a SUNDAY before getting them.

I love my bro and what he does for us :)


That's two separate tics. Quite cool.




It was at the open field beside Riverside Point. We had fancy "MEDIA" tics that gave us front center view with free food and drinks.




She had 3 costume changes with 3 different hairstyles.



With the media tics, we joined a much shorter queue and we were still waiting in line for more than 1 hr before the opened the doors. After we got in, it was still more waiting while the DJ (who seemed really bored) played some tunes.

Lady Gaga did not show up until close to 9pm and she performed her many hits from her debut album.

Check out the videos I took!







We both loved the show! She did not do one particular song that I like - "Eh Eh" but other than that, her performance was great! I especially loved her acoustic version of Poker Face. The whole showcase was done live and it lasted for about 1hr.

Many MANY thanks to my bro once again :)