Friday, June 5, 2009

Wedding Dinner @ Fullerton

Was invited to a wedding dinner of a supplier. I have only met him a few times and I deal mainly with his other colleague so I was a little surprised that I was invited too.

This was my first business type wedding dinner so I wasn't too sure what was the ang pow etiquette. At first I thought I would have to come out with the money from my own pocket but after asking around, everyone was telling me otherwise. However, b4 I had a chance to approach my boss about it, we were informed that he was going to give an ang pow as a company ;)

This was my first time to this 5 star hotel (that is what everyone says it is) and so I did not know what to expect. My mom did say my dad had a wedding dinner there b4 and the food was not good .... however that was more than 10 years ago? Haha ... I knew I could not trust my mom on that .... alot of things would have changed in those many years :P

The dinner was on a Fri and so we went straight from work. I just wore a simple black dress. Most of the guests were dressed quite casually as they too came from work.


Our table, love the candle center pices. Haha, u could betcha I ordered a beer!




The bride was really pretty. I especially love the 4 string quartet that was there.




The menu ... all dishes were brought out and individually portion by waiters at the side. Quite professionally done.





The food was pretty good ... I missed out one pic .. the scallops with asparagus as we were too busy watching a video and it slipped my mind.




The toasting .... YYYUUUUUUMMMMM SSSSEEEENNNNGGGG!



I was the only one at our table taking pics. All was fine until they noticed me taking pics of the food ... sigh ... it was a tad awkward but I just ignored them and went on my way.

Had a fun time .... this would be a nice place to hold a wedding if one has the means.