Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Serena the Procrastinator

So, my car has been giving me trouble for about a mth, at first I just thought it was a fluke and did not think twice but then it seemed to get worst. I was having trouble accelerating and when the car was at a stop, it was jerky, plus when reversing the engine would die sometimes! Well, after spending so much money on the car already, I was dreading going back to the shop to get it looked at again. I was already planning to spend about US$500 on the repairs and I was not looking forward to it.

So I just kept driving it, hoping that the problem would just dissappear, but all along also praying that the car wouldn't die on me while driving. Well, after coming home from Vegas, I knew that I had to bring it in, if I had to spend the money, I would have to.

It did cross my mind whether I should bring it in to the same shop as my car never had any problem b4 I brought it in for the first time to that shop ......

Anyway, I made it to the repair shop and it was the same guy that helped me the last 2 times. I told him the problems I was having he just nodded his head and said he would look at it. He drove my car into the garage and open the hood ..... I was holding my breath while waiting for him to tell me what the problem was and how much the damage was going to be :(

He looked and prodded ..... hmm, something is missing, he said. WTF? what is missing I thought. Fiddled a little more and then he said, no wonder ...... I saw him playing with one of the hose/wire which seemed loose. He then did more tinkering in the car with a mechanical reader thingy and then he asked me whether I have been playing around with it ..... ME? I know NOTHING about cars, just to fill them up and drive them. I am prob the best person to sucker! I told him no and that I have brought it here twice b4.

Finally, after tinkering for awhile more, he said that it should be ok now ...... he said that all that was wrong was that the hose connected to the spark plug wasn't attached. WTF? So it was their fault! I have not open my hood since the last time I was at the shop! I then asked him how much do I owe him and he said NOTHING! :) since I have spent so much money here already......

DUH! It was prob their fault in the first place that the hose was not reattached. But I was so relieved that I did not have to spend more money on my car. Sure enough, while driving home, SERENA7 was purring like a kitten ..... geeze, it would have cost me so much less stress if I would have just taken it in the first time I noticed there was a problem. Thank god I did not damage my car more while drving without one spark plug attached ........