Wednesday, October 17, 2007

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAD & GOR!

Yes, we went out to eat again ... we went back to the place that we originally thought of holding my dad's bday dinner at. We decided against it as the place wasn't fancy enough .... or as 我们 would say, not atas enough :) It's a restaurant located at Turf City called Ah Yat. They have a special 50% off all seafood on weekdays, u get to choose your seafood food from fish tanks located just outside the restautant.

---


Before dinner started, my bro opened his bday gift from a whole bunch of ppl. We wrapped it up in layers of paper and he was about half way thru. Loved his expression here :) Inside was a controller to the Wii. Told him that was it but after he started pouting, told him that the full set was in the car :) Hope he loves it! Even though it wasn't a modified version ...

Btw, yes, that is red wine in front of me .... I had recovered from my nite of drunkeness and the sight and smell of wine no longer makes me want to puke .. haha

---


This was all the chilli that my mom asked for everyone (6 of us, 5 as Ash didn't eat any) BEFORE they started serving the dishes. We are a family of chilli eaters! Well, majority was my mom's.

---


Fresh Oysters! Yummy! Mine was super huge!

---

Fried Shrimp with Oats. LOVED this dish!!

---

On the left is Frog Legs and Lettuce on the right. The forg legs were really spicy, which was perfect for us, I guess :)

---

Black Pepper Crab ... yes, half eaten plate, too busy eating .. haha

---

Steamed Fish .. think it is Garupa. Very nice and fresh!

---

Chilli Crab. Did not have much of this as I was lazy and did not want to get all messy eating crab.

After dinner, we headed to Adam Road for dessert at the hawker center there. It was a really fun nite :) That's it, no more big meals till my mom's bday in Nov!!