Saturday, October 13, 2007

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DADDY!!

My dad is celebrating his 60th bday this year and for Cantonese ppl, it is a really big bday, thus we threw a dinner and invited all our family members. Btw, in case u guys don't know, my bro and dad share the same bday, 17th Oct. We will be going out on the actual day for dinner again, so watch out for more pics! :)

The dinner was held at Gim Tim restaurant at the Grassroots Club, located near YCK MRT. Choosing a place to have the dinner was a tedious affair, but I won't go into that. My dad was the one that chose the place after comparing menus.

---

My sis and I photo whoring in the car on the way there :) Yes, I'm still hungover from the nite b4 ... head still hurt.

---

The first dish ... Longevity Buns. A must have for the older generation's bdays here.

---

The we had Lobster with Jellyfish and Clams. This was really yummy ....

---

"Photo of Shark's Fin dish"

SOMEONE was too busy eating and FORGOT to take a pic of it! Didn't even take a half eaten bowl of it!!! SIGH!! This was good, not your usual shark's fin as it has enoki mushrooms and wanton in it. There were actually chunks of shark's fin!

---

Suckling Pig. Good but our pig was really fatty ... there was a thick layer of fat underneath the crispy skin.

---

Fish with Fungus and Mushrooms. Not too bad, ate alot of the mushrooms and fungus.

---

Scallop in Yam. Felt that this was really oily and could not really taste the scallop as the yam was a little over powering.

---

Abalone with Veggies and Mushrooms. Think they sliced the abalone days b4 as the all stuck to each other, had to pry them apart!

---

Herbal Prawns (or should I say, Herbal Shrimp!) Love the herbal soup, prawns were big enough that it wasn't a struggle peeling them.

---

The bday boy and his wife .. haha, my dad and mom!

---

One of the few pics of my dad that u would actually see him smile .. he is usually so SERIOUS!

---

My sis, I and cousin Charmaine ... the future lawyer of our family .. hehe :)

---

The two girls in front are the same ones that I went to the zoo with. Lui Zheng and Shuan Ying. The boy behind is Raven.

---

A real cutie pie!

---

Noodles with Pork and Shrimp. Nothing fantastic ...

---

Eating noodles with her special fork!

---

The little one getting fed by her dad.

---

My mom's side of the family ... a lot of them could not make it, not that I am complaining!

---

My dad's side of the family. There were a few missing from the pic as they were at the toilet :(

---

Dessert ... Yam Paste with Coconut Milk. Wished it had some Gingko nuts in it. However, it was not too sweet, which was good for me.

---

The bday cake, a 3kg cake Blackforrest cake from Pine Garden. The same place that my bro got his wedding cake. The cake was really good, it had some rum in it which made it taste even better!

My parents.

---


Making his wish ...

---

Family pic.

It was a really fun nite, other than the fact that my mom drove us kids nuts!! I could not believe she went to my table to tell them how much each table cost! It's one thing if ppl asked about it, but if u are the one giving the treat, u don't go around telling how much it cost! Just felt like she was trying to boast. So pissed off!

The other thing she did was, I felt, unforgivable .. but I guess it is not really for me to forgive or not .... sometimes I really don't understand my mom I will never understand my mom!