Wednesday, October 10, 2007

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KL!!

We celebrated KL's bday twice this year! :) Well, there were some who could not make it on the actual day, so we decided to do it the fri b4 and then on the actual day too.

On Fri we went to a sushi restaurant which was where KL was working. The place was really crowded. Food was great but the portions were measly. Think I prefer Sushi Tei. After dinner we headed to Coffee Bean for cake and drinks .... Since Shanice already posted her pics for that nite, I'm not going to .. haha, lazy. Here is our group pic from that nite, courtesy of Shanice.

The group of us at Coffee Bean.

On the 10th, it was just Huiyi, Christine, TY and I. Ben was supposed to join us but had to go to a business dinner instead.

We went to DTF, KL's choice since we already had Jap the weekend b4. Happy me ... even though it was CJ, it was still 小笼包 :)

---

Haha, this was actually the first 笼 ... u guessed it ... everyone attacked b4 I remembered to take pics :) There were supposed to be 10 .... one was already on my spoon :)

---

The second 笼 .. this was the one with crab meat in it. The first one was the plain, regular one. YUM!!


---

Asia's version of Chicken Noodle Soup! Haha :)

---

Fried Shrimp Dumplings/Wanton .. look familiar?

---

Can't remember the name .. but also Dumplings .. this was really good!

---

Pork Chop ... supposed to be the same with the one I had with LC but it tasted different. This was wetter and more salty. Still good though.

---

Umm ... some veggie with tofu.

---

Fried Rice with Shrimp.

---

Dou Miao with Garlic! Love Garlic!

---

There was a credit card promo that gave free peanut glutinous balls. We got 10 because we spend more than $70.

After dinner we went to Coffee Bean (AGAIN!) Haha, the ppl working there recognized the bday boy! We just sat down, talked and enjoyed some cheese cake! We were discussing what to do this xmas and I it looks like I might be making turkey! Gobble, Gobble! :)

---

The bday boy! :)

Sorry, no group pic ... cos I was using my cell phone camera. Wanted to borrow my sis's spanking new camera but she had already left the hse with it :(