Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Went out with my sis today to catch a movie with one of the many free passes I had. We went to catch National Treasure as my bro said it was good. We wanted to go back to that little dim sum place near our hse but it was pouring so we had our mom just drop us at the train station.

There were plenty of underpasses in Orchard, so we did not get wet. We first had to bring my mom's watch down for servicing as she said that her watch has been running fast. It was a long wait at the Swatch Group repair center at Wheelock Place. Yes, I was kinda surprised to be sending an Omega watch to such a relatively cheap brand place. Haha, but it turns out they fix quite alot of other watches there too. It was a LONG wait, but the ppl there were quite friendly.

Tried to pass it off as my watch but when she started asking questions about how the watch is placed while not in use, I stumbled as I do not notice. By the time we were done at the place, we had to rush off to our movie. We managed to sneak in a couple servings of curly fries to curb our hunger for a good meal later.

The show was pretty exciting and we both enjoyed ourselves. After a few pit stops at some sanrio places, we made our way to Clark Quay to ...

---

Pasta de Waraku!

It was another long wait for our table but because I gobbled down almost a full bag of chips while watching the movie, I wasn't starving. It was kinda nice that they gave the ppl waiting in line something to drink at some point.

By the time we sat down, I was ready for food! Ironic how the moment we sat down, ALL the other tables started to clear. I could see 3 or 4 empty tables .. ARGH!

---

Lucky table 7. And our queue number is 17!

---

The little bowl of salad that came with the pasta. My sis took forever to get her "perfect" shot but did not succeed. This was taken by me :)

---

This was their Soup Pasta with Mushrooms and Chicken. At first taste it was a disappointment as it was quite bland. So we added more Parmesan cheese, pepper and chili pepper. After which, it tasted yummy. After we were done with it, I overheard the waiter telling the table beside us that they have run out of cream sauce ... hmm... I wonder if that is the reason it was bland? The cook must have stretched out the last of his cream sauce for us by added more water and then thickening it?

---

This was the best! I absolutely LOVE their pizzas as they have a uber thin crust. The scallops were nice and tender ... notice the three sizes? Wonder if it is done on purpose? Everyone gets 2 large, medium and small? Haha.... The shrimp was also done perfectly, not tough at all. I could eat this all on my own!

Was so full that I told my sis to skip dessert. She usually buys dessert and I, the meal .... great deal right? Haha .... Anyway, she owes me one!