Friday, September 12, 2008

F1

There will be a European biz partner coming down to Singapore to visit us and when he found out that he will be town during the 1st F1 night race, he asked my boss to get tics. I remember the shocked reaction my boss had when he was told, I honestly thought he was kidding until Dierdrey msged me on msn, telling me to go help Boss find out how to get tics.

Of cos I knew how to get them .... I have been to the websites a few times, drooling at the tics but not being able to afford them. Anyway, a quick Google and I was directed to the website. Unfortunately most of the cheap tics were gone by then. The cheapest I found were $498 :(

My boss had no choice, the guy wants to go and so my boss bought TWO tics @ S$498 each .... OUCH!!! You can be assured that the tics are going to be a gift to the guy.

This happened all last week and this week, my boss was able to go collect the tics and he whipped them out to show us.



Check out the cool tics! They are actually cards with bar codes on the back and each has their own lanyard.



Yes, my colleagues are getting used to me taking pics all the time, even my boss. Unfortunately, taking pics when out with suppliers is still a no no.

Anyway, when my boss showed us the cards, he said MAYBE Jordan and I could use the Fri cards as he and Nicholas would be busy. OMG ..... a MAYBE is better than nothing! I am going to hope and pray we do get to go. Yes, the 1st day is not going to be as interesting as the 2nd or last day but, hey, beggars (me) can't be choosers. I think the first day is for the drivers to familiarize themselves with the course.

Just the thought of seeing a Ferrari zoom by ..... :)