Thursday, September 11, 2008

Its 9/11 ....

Lets take a moment to remember the ones we lost ..... I can still remember what I was doing that day, the scene on the tv, the voice of the commentator .... I think it will be something I will never forget.

Anyway, this has been a pretty slow week at work. We will be moving to the new office next week and so this week is packing week. Well, actually Deirdrey has been doing most of the packing, I'm just an onlooker :P Boss also has been packing as alot of the stuff in the office belongs to him. The only good thing about this week was that Boss allowed us to wear casual at work, that means jeans! Haha ...

However, I forgot that we were going to meet a supplier on Tues and so was in jeans and T-shirt ... so unprofessional, luckily I have a jacket at work so I wore it and it look SLIGHTLY more presentable. And it didn't help that the supplier was young and cute.

We, Jordan and I, went to Suntec to meet him and we had lunch at Imperial Treasure. Yes, same restaurant as the one I went on Sat with Christine and the rest of the gang. Throughout the whole meal, Jordan and Ivan kept talking in Teochew .. my command of that dialect is minimal and I could barely understand them. So I just sat in the corner, eating my food.

On Wed, it was another lunch with another supplier. This time it was Dierdrey, Jordan and I. This was a more relaxed meal, non biz type of lunch. I finally got to sit my first BMW! He brought us to the Singapore Yacht Club which was a short drive from our office. The food there was pretty good at a reasonable price .... I was so tempted to order a beer like him but, sigh, office hrs ... he's the boss, I'm not. Don't think my boss would appreciate me working intoxicated :)

That's about it for the week .... Sun is moving day, will definitely be bringing my camera .....