Saturday, September 6, 2008

Dinner with Friends

Adela is always asleep when we are at Christine's, so we decided to meet up for dinner, so that we can at least play with her. We went to Imperial Palace at Taka for a nice meal.


I call this fake peanut soup, because it taste so much like it but it is actually Lotus Root Soup.




There's the lotus root and pork. I do not understand why in Chinese restaurants they separate the soup and ingredients when serving.




小笼包. Taste the same from the last time I was there, no improvement.




Silver fish. Most of them said that the one at Crystal Jade is better, but I have not had them there so I can't compare. Still tasted pretty good to me.




This was yummy! Long Beans with .... I think shrimp? Or was it pork? Haha




Chicken with Cashews. This was pretty delicious too.




Pork Ribs. I wish I could have eaten more but they were calories suicide.




Noodles with Eggplant (aka brinjal) This was surprisingly good. I think the only time I don't like eggplant is when my mom cooks it ... oops.




Fried rice with dried scallop and egg white.



Adela was a very good baby because she slept almost throughout our dinner. She only got up during the last dish. Christine and KL then took turns holding her finishing up with the meal.


It was finally her turn!




Haha, she has a very serious look here.



It was then time for dessert!


Red Bean Pancake.




Deep fried banana coated in honey/sugar. When serving, they first dip it in an ice bath. That way it had a hard sugar crust and a warm center. Very unique and will definitely order again.



After that, it was part 2 at Coffee Bean. It was more chit chat and baby stories. It was only 10+pm when we left but it was late for the little gal.


Fast asleep .... so cute! She was a very good gal throughout the nite, only whined a little when she got hungry :)



But it was not home for the rest of us. KL was meeting O so Huiyi and I invited ourselves along .. haha. Well, they were just meeting at McDonald's :P But that was also a short meet up and we still managed to catch the train home.

It was good to be out .... being home alone in my room is doing horrible things to my sanity. I wonder how long this bout will last?