Sunday, August 3, 2008

Long time no see ....

Ben is finally back for a week after being in Beijing for too long. We decided to meet up for dinner on Sun to catch up.

Before meeting them, I went to my cousin, Charmaine's, choral performance at the Esplanade. She had asked me the day b4 and I was very keen in going. I have never really seen her performing so it was going to be a treat for me.

The performance was at 3pm and it was in a very small cozy venue. My uncle and aunt were also there so I did have some company. The performance was really great and even though I only recognized 1 song, the rest of the pieces that they did were lively and intriguing even without knowing the language they were sung in.

After I got done with the show, I texted Huiyi and coincidentally, they had just seated, wanting to grab a drink while waiting for me to be done. So they got up, drove down to pick me up and we headed for an early dinner.

Evon recommended this really out of the place grill that had a great sunset view. And when I say out of the way, it really is! U definitely need a car to get there. Its called Sunset Grill and Pub and its located at Seletar East Camp.


Calamari. Not bad, the spicy mayo sauce added a little kick to it.




This pretty sad salad came with the lasagna that we ordered.




There were 10 levels of spiciness for their buffalo wings. This was lvl 3 and it was already pretty HOT! Can imagine going maybe 2 steps higher, but to lvl 10? Umm ... think not.




Fish and Chips.




This Pork Chop was really yummy! Nice and tender, a definite reorder.




Grilled Fish. This was also good, not overcooked which could have been easy considering it was fillet really thin.




My fave dish - LASAGNA! It had UBER amt of cheese, just the right amt of meat, pasta and mushrooms and did I mentioned lots of CHEESE?




Table 8 ....



We saw the beautiful sunset but did not take any pics as we were seated inside. It was really hot when we arrived. We wanted to move outdoors but was told seats have been reserved. So we decided to leave.

Onto our next stop - Punggol Park's Bliss restaurant.


Look, table 80! Is it a sign?




Specially for our far away member .... we miss u already.




Huiyi's Passion Fruit.




My usual .....




Ben's Lychee Blended.




Evon's Hot Mocha.



We chatted and enjoyed the nice breeze but called it an early nite, it was after all a Sunday :)


Ooh! Check my my cute Olympic souvenir that Ben got for me. Mine is different from the rest as he could not find my Last name on the item that he got the rest ... I feel unique!