Sunday, August 24, 2008

Lunch with Kerine

Met up with Kerine today after more than 10 years! We have lost touch and had recently found each other via Facebook. She actually left me a msg a few mths back but at that time I was still jobless and didn't really feel like meeting anyone. Seriously, what is the first question someone asks u when u meet up?

"What are u doing now?"

I hated that my answer was going to be,

"I'm being a bum"

Anyway, when I finally got a job, it was safe to contact her :) Sorry, Kerine, for making u wait.

We decided to meet at Serangoon Gardens for a late lunch so that I could still sleep it :) I told her to bring her bf along but she said he would be bored hearing us girls talk. However, she did bring him along ... not bad :)

Over lunch at Sushi Tei, we talked about ourselves, our classmates and I answered her question of "What are u doing now?" :P It was basically alot of catching up and I told them a little of my life in the US. Her bf joined into the conversation and the 3 of us had a pretty good time. It would have been awful if we had nothing to say .... I hate awkward silences.

It raining when we left the restaurant but luckily they had an umbrella, so he sheltered us over one by one. What a perfect way to spend a rainy afternoon .... coffee and good company.


Kerine and I at Coffee Bean.



Sorry, no pic of her bf ... haha.

Wonder when we will meet again ... hopefully not another 10 years later!