Saturday, May 20, 2006

I'm no fun .....

Today started off well, Liz and I went out for dinner as we realized that by the time we waited for Tom to get into town, it would have been past 9pm. We went to Mongolian BBQ, had dinner and even dessert ..... OMG, their Peanut Butter Cup is the bomb!

We then headed to Liz's where we were talking about going to see a movie but tics to the DaVinci Code was sold out. After hanging around for a bit, watching her Parka, her chinchilla, play for a bit, we went to rent a movie and grab some wine. The movie that was picked out turn out to be this crazy, disgusting, gross "documentary" called The Aristocrats. Unless u have a fetish about beastiality, incest, bodily function jokes, etc., I STRONGLY advice no one to watch it. I got turn off by it almost immediately but it looked like Liz and Tom had a stonger tolerance for it. It took them awhile longer b4 they got sick of it and then it was just channel surfing.

I guess I was just not in the "sit around and do nothing" mood. I didn't get the jokes that they were laughing so hard at, ok, it was funny, but to be laughing their asses off? I just did not get it and I just felt uncomfortable ...... I just felt like I was the fifth wheel and was intruding in on their space. Finally, I decided that I had enough and left .......

I'm just wondering whether I am always such a party pooper. They seemed to be having so much fun and I was just sitting at the corner, trying to laugh a little to ease the tension.

We are supposed to be going to the East Lansing Art Festival but they were unable to confirm a time. First it was 11am and then now it is, maybe 1pm, or when they get up ....... I like a little more structure in my life sometimes, I want to know what time I have to be ready so I can sleep in or not, set my alarm, get up, get ready ...... I don't like having to wait around for a phone call and then expect to be ready in a moments notice and out the door. I don't want to get ready first and be sitting around wondering when the phone will ring.

Yet, I know there is no point in pushing for a time, that is how they operate ...... I guess I just have to wait around ......