Friday, May 12, 2006

Weekend Forecast ...... Rainy :(

It is supposed to be raining this whole weekend and from the looks of the weather today, the weathermen might be right for once. For me, the thought of cancelling the trip to Holland never crossed my mind. I just figured we would be doing different things than when if it was sunny. I guess in my mind, I was thinking that this is a once a year event and since it looks like I would never get the opportunity to experience it again, I was going, rain or shine. If we could reschedule for another day, I would not have mind, but the fact was that it was Fri or bust ......

Anyway, I got pretty upset when Tom and Elyse said that they did not think they wanted to go since the weather was going to be bad. I guess my power of persuasion is not as good as I think it is. I tried convincing them that we could do other stuff, plus, if we don't go, we would be sitting on our butts at home not doing anything ...... I just thought it would be fun to and just see what it is like. True, I might not be getting the actual experience, but at this point, I would take what I can get. I'm just trying to get all I can experience with this short time I have left, is that wrong?

When I was told that the road trip was going to be cancelled, the wheels started turning and I was already planning on just driving there on my own. It is only 1 1/2 hrs away ..... I know it might sound far to some but when u have driven 24 hours to get from Michigan to Florida, it is nothing. I don't like doing things alone but sometimes it is hard to find ppl to do it with. So, many times, I find myself doing stuff alone. But it is either that or to not have experience at all? I don't want to regret not doing something just because I could not find someone to do it with. I know that sometimes it is hard to get ppl to do stuff that requires money that they do not have or time that they do not have to spare. I don't blame them, but they can't blame me for getting a little upset.

Well, being the stupid emotional me (and with Mike D. adding fuel to the fire) I of 'cos started crying (LOSER!) I explained my position and Elyse started feeling bad and said that we will go, no matter what. I was stubborn at first and had too much pride ...... if someone does not want to go, I am not going to guilt them into going. I'm not going to beg someone to spend time with me, I don't want ppl's pity. I finally backed down and agreed that we will go. I realize that being stubborn will get me nowhere, plus the company would really be nice.

My tear are for me, and most of the time, they are uncontrollable. I don't mean for them to make ppl uncomfortable or guilty. They are an evil EVIL thing that can flow in a blink of an eye (literally). I hate my fragile heart ........