Wednesday, May 24, 2006

So long .....

After almost 6 years at Owen cafeteria, it was time to say goodbye. Today was my last day there and it was a happy yet tearful occasion. I gave Thank You cards to the ppl that have touched my life and heart. The cards were written yesterday without much drama. However, when I gave them out today, Grandma Mary started crying, which caused Mama Rosa to cry which in turn caused me to cry .... Geeze, it was a mess of tears. I wasn't planning on that happening! I even got scolded for causing the drama.

Later in the afternoon, they surprised me with 2 dozen roses. They are the prettiest roses ever. They are huge and smell great. We also had some ice cream going around ..... it was fun. I hugged everyone and started tearing again ...... I am going to miss the ppl I have been working with. I'll prob not miss the work or the customers ...... once again, when I ask you how many, the answer is a NUMBER! Not "yes"! :)

What am I going to do with the flowers after they have been dried? I sense a craft project coming on .... I'm going to have time on my hands anyway.