Friday, May 19, 2006

Rain rain go away ......

It has been raining non stop these few days. .... good news is that it is not as bad working in the cafeteria in this weather ...... bad news? it is just so gloomy. My mood is already gloomy, I don't need the weather to be like me too.

They are doing some work at the parking lot behind the cafeteria and because of that, we have lost about 20 lots. The first 2 days, I wasn't early enough and all the lots near Owen were taken and so I had to park farther away at McDonel Hall. On the 3rd day, I was finally early enough to grab a spot right infront of Owen ..... isn't it sad that the reason I try to be early is not because I want to be at work on time but because I want to find a good spot? LOL.

The stupid road work has also cause the move of the dumpster and recycling bin. Now we have to haul the trash to the other side of the hall. Deliveries are a bitch too. Thank god I don't have to deal with them.

I'm going to miss Owen when I leave ..... ok, I'm NOT going to miss some stuff too :) But I have been there for almost 6 years, that's alot of memories, many friendships, many tears (duh, what do u expect? it's me u are talking about) ......

Sometimes I wonder how ppl can stay at a job for so long. My dad has been at his job for more than 35 years ..... geeze, how does he do it? He once told me "find a job that u love and u never have to work for the rest of your life" Unfortunately I don't think I have found it. I wonder whether he loves his job or it is just a reposibility that pays well.

I think I will stop my rambling ......